Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm in love.


One of the great loves of my life, my daughter, is pregnant. I was with her the morning the faint line on the white stick delivered the news.

Not at all what I had planned on that trip to see my Kitten.

I was, and am, so full of love and joy that it's almost impossible to describe. It's hard to imagine myself as a Grandma - I'll admit to that feeling. I think it's because the Grandma of all Grandmas, my Maw-Maw Rosie, (after whom Kitten is named) set the standard in every way - to include how a Grandma is supposed to look and act.

The idea of buying polyester, sensible shoes and learning to love driving 17 miles below the speed limit do not set well with me.


But when I think of this tiny person that is on her way (yes... I think it's a girl for no good reason), I sort of float. I feel so full of this big, big love and bubbly joy that I can't even find the appropriate words to describe it.


My life has rarely been easy. It has been full of missteps and pain and confusion. Sometimes as I look back it feels as though I've battled innumerable demons just to breathe in and out. Countless times I questioned the point of it all.


That stick. The one with the faint, pink, line. It means there is sense in it. It means perfect things come to imperfect people.

I am truly, truly blessed. I love you, Kitten.













Copyright © Sherri Bailey
This blog may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express written permission of the author.


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

4 comments:

Liz said...

Aww thanks, mom. I'm also filled with joy but mostly filled with vomit.

Sherri said...

I was sooo hoping you wouldn't take after your Momma, Kitten. Bless your precious heart. I'll be there tomorrow.

kjax said...

That's great! I've read her blog a few times and know she has been wanting this for a while. Congrats Elizabeth!

Now to figure out how to make you understand that a Grandma has no business keeping The Buble away from me....lol. Nah. I'll let you keep him for a while.

Leeuna said...

Congratulations Sher. Grandmahood rocks. Trust me. I have 3 and they are the light of my life.