Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Put if off, Percy.

Right now at this very moment in time, I am putting something off for no other reason than I don't wanna do it.

This weekend I am scheduled to teach a little "how to" class to about 20 or so local citizens who want to know what I already know and are willing to sit still and listen to me because they are under the misguided impression that it might be worthwhile.

And, I guess it might. If I would actually write down what I am going to say. Which I haven't. Which brings me to the aforementioned putting off deal.

I love to write. Love it like no other. But apparently I only love to write when I don't have to write. If I feel even the least bit of pressure I get all James Dean and rebel.

Or is it Jimmy Dean? Which one of them makes sausage? 'Cause I don't freak out and fry sausage. I freak out and rebel. See how that's different?

Unfortunately I have only myself to blame as this whole freaking thing was one of my brilliant marketing plans. Since I am the one forcing me to write and also the one who is rebelling against being forced to write, this is a bit of a pickle. A conundrum, if you will.

I suppose I could rebel against myself. Maybe I should cook a big pot of lima beans and then refuse to let me up until I eat them all. That'll show me who's boss.

If I didn't want to write the blasted thing, why did I volunteer myself for it anyway? And when I volunteered myself, why didn't I tell me I already have too much on my plate and gracefully decline?

Because I'm a pushover who can't say no to anything (or any wedding proposal), that's why.

Or maybe it's because I'm so pushy and I won't take no for an answer. Not even from me. I can be a very intimidating woman. Just ask me. I'll tell you.

Whatever.

I'm gonna pull a Scarlet O'Hara and think about it tomorrow. For right now, I believe I have been completely successful at putting off what I wanted to put off. I totally have to do it tomorrow though or I'll have hell to pay when I find out the class is Saturday and I've not done it yet.

I can be such a task master.

Ooooh! This is too good.

Copyright © 2004-2006, Sherri Bailey
This blog may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express written permission of the author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Tell me you love me at: HumorWriter@gmail.com

Tell me you hate me at: Yeah. I'm so sure I'm going to make that easy for you.

Add to My Yahoo!

Visit Ms. Crazy On Her Face Online

No comments: