Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Divorce Was Never Really Final

January 20, 2008

That was the day I said "I quit". After four years, I kissed blogging gently on the forehead, handed it the bag I'd packed for it while it was at work and whispered "It's not you - it's me" as I pushed it out the front door and breathed a sigh of relief.

Divorce is such fun.

I didn't just break up with blogging for no good reason. I was going to write the Great American Novel and blogging was for sure the only thing keeping me from it.

Stupid blogging. Trying to keep me down.

Everyone in my world was shocked. "What are you going to do now?" they asked, as if I never did anything BUT blog. "What are WE going to do now?" they asked as if I even sorta half way cared.

So I set out to write my NY Times Best Seller. To read it in it's entirety, click here.

Since I still haven't found a publisher for my book, and since nice people like Jeff and Donna have given me email pep talks, and since I never really break up with anybody for good, blogging and I are going to try and get back together.

It may work, it may not. But what the hell? All this stuff has to get out of my head somehow and blogging was always a good listener.



Copyright © 2008, Sherri Bailey
This blog may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express written permission of the author.

Tell me you love me at: HumorWriter@gmail.com

Tell me you hate me at: Yeah. I'm so sure I'm going to make that easy for you.

Blogroll Me!


Add to My Yahoo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

At Last! Happy you're back!!! Prepare to be stalked! I'll try to write some stuff so you can make fun of me.

Sherri said...

Me? Make fun of you? Why that would be soooo unlike me.

I will live for it.

Tidewaterbound said...

I'm so GLAD to have you back.

Hugs to ya,

Carol

Sherri said...

Thank you, Carol! I think I'm happy to be back.

Jami said...

Holy crap! I missed you guys getting back together? By WEEKS? Must have happened while I was doing something exotic ... like working. Glad to see you've come back to the trailer park with us!