Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Eyes on the road, Mr.

Today I totally exposed one of my girls. Accidentally, of course.

While leaving Wal-Mart I was the victim of a freak coin accident. Through a series of twists and turns and a little twitch, a shiny dime landed in my bra. A cold, shiny dime to be more specific.

As I was driving, it became clear to me that said cold coin was going to have to come out or it was likely I was going to crash my car. Without thinking, I stuck my free hand down my sweater and began rooting around for it.

It was in the act of rooting that I found I needed to go lower than first anticipated and completely without forethought or malice, I popped her out. For the first time, one of the twins was having a look at the world at 45 MPH out the driver's side window of my Ford.

Given her precarious future at the moment, I think she deserved it. I almost hated to put her back.

Just as I was contemplating letting her have a few more minutes of freedom, I found I was neck and neck with a sedan to my right. Inside was a Dad, a baby and a Mom and all three were looking at me. In fairness, Dad was more leering than looking.

So in the interest of public safety, I put her away as quickly as I could. If she's a big girl at the doctor's appointment tomorrow, I've promised I'll let her drive home






Copyright © 2004-2006, Sherri Bailey
This blog may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express written permission of the author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Tell me you love me at: HumorWriter@gmail.com

Tell me you hate me at: Yeah. I'm so sure I'm going to make that easy for you.

Add to My Yahoo!

Visit Ms. Crazy On Her Face Online

No comments: